Repousse tool tutorial in Photoshop. This tutorial has been carried out using Adobe Photoshop CS5. A couple of functions may not be available in older versions of Photoshop. The Repousse function is not available in older versions of Photoshop.
1) For this tutorial I am making use of the image below. You may use any image you find best.
2) Go to Image > Adjustments > Levels:
3) Using the Rectangular Marquee Tool, create a selection as shown in the image below:
4) Now press CTRL+J. This selection will become a new layer. Shift this layer up a little to hide the sandy beach.
5) Select the Text Tool and make the following changes to the Character Settings:
Note: The size of the text depends on the image you are using.
6) Type the text “PHOTOSHOP” and place it on your image.
7) With the text layer selected, go to 3D > Repousse > Text Layer
8) Make the following changes in the Repousse dialog box and click OK:
9) With the text layer still selected, go to Window > 3D.
10) In the 3D (Materials) tab, make the following changes:
11) When you click New Texture, you may not notice any apparent changes. Go to the Edit the diffuse texture button again and now select Open texture.
Fill the texture with dark green color.
12) Make the changes as shown below:
13) Once you are done with making all the letters,. In the 3D (Scene) tab, scroll up and select Scene and make the following changes:
This will smoothen the edges of the letters. Once you are satisfied with the result, left-click anywhere on the document to stop the process.
14) Create a new layer. Select the Brush Tool and draw in some vertical lines with white color.
15) Open Layer Style. Change the settings in Outer Glow:
That’s it, babe.