Letterpress style text in Photoshop. In this Photoshop tutorial, you will learn how to create letterpress style in Photoshop. This makes your text look engraved in surface and generally adds more emphasis on the message conveyed. All you need to work with this: Filters and layers styles.
1. Create a new document with width 600, height 340 and gray as the background content.
2. Go to: Filter > Noise > Add Noise.
Make the flowing changes.
3. Now using Photoshop’s Text Tool, create your Letterpress style text with the color gray. This is the font we are using for the word ‘Letter’
4. Double click the text layer to open Layer Style.
Make the following changes:
5. Now using Photoshop’s Text Tool, create new text with the color gray. This is the font we are using for the word ‘Pressed’
Now you need to copy the same effects onto the new text layer. So you will have to press ALT and drag the fx of the first text layer onto the new one. All of the effects applied to the first text layer ‘Letter’ will be copied onto the new text layer ‘Pressed.’ This tip not only saves time but also eliminates any chances of error.
That’s it, babe.