Color Range in Photoshop. In this Photoshop tutorial, you will learn to how to use Color Range in Photoshop. This is relatively easy stuff and completely beginner material. The Color Range is an important tool for selection of colors in a specific range. You don’t have to select each and every item in the image. Use Color Range to simultaneously select similar colored items in an image.
1. Open whatever image you would like to work on in Adobe Photoshop. This is the image we will be using in this tutorial: Link Image:
2. Duplicate the background layer.
3. Go to: Select > Color Range
Make the following changes:
4. Color Range gives you three eyedropper tools; one to make the first selection, one to add to the selection, and one to subtract from the selection.
The Fuzziness value can be adjusted after you have made the first selection. This can simply be done by dragging the Fuzziness slider left or right to increase or decrease the range.
Using color range, all flowers are selected easily:
5. Press CTRL + Shift + I to select inverse.
6. Create an Adjustment layer and choose Gradient Map then make the following changes:
That’s it, babe.