Hue/Saturation tutorial in Photoshop. In this Photoshop tutorial, we are going to use the Hue/Saturation Tool to take color out of the entire image, except for the part that we want colored.
1) Open any image in Adobe Photoshop (CTRL+O). This is the image that I am using for this tutorial:
2) Using the Quick Selection Tool, select the part of the image that you want colored. If you have selected a part of the image that you wish to deselect, press the ALT key and left-click on that area to deselect it.
3) Once you are done with the selection, right-click inside the selection and choose Select Inverse. This selects the entire image except for the part you selected earlier.
4) Go to Image > Adjustment > Hue/Saturation (CTRL+U).
5) Drag the slider for the Saturation onto the left hand side. This removes the color from the image except for the part you had selected in Step 2.
That’s it, babe.