Ratings: 0.0/5 by 0 visitors
Posted by: Roofi Sardar
Adding Color to Black and White Photo in Photoshop
Posted on July 9, 2012
Adding Color to Black and White Photo. In this Photoshop tutorial, you will learn how to Add Color to Black and White Photo. The entire idea is to bring the black and white photo to life. We will be using a Black and White picture for this tutorial. In this tutorial we are using just Adjustment layer.
To begin adding color to your black and white photo in Photoshop, follow the following steps:
1. Open an image in Photoshop. Width 600 and Height 340.
2. First duplicate the current layer.
We will be working only on the duplicate layer.
3. Use Quick Selection Tool and select the car.
4. Go to: Image > Adjustment > Selective color
5. Make the following changes:
6. Now deselect the selection. Only the color in the selected area will change. This way you can add different colors to different areas of your black and white photo.
7. Use the Polygonal lasso Tool to select the car’s back light.
8. Go to: Image > Adjustment > Hue/Saturation
9. Make the following changes:
10. Now deselect the selection
You can see your black and white photo coming to life already. The entire result depends directly on your imagination. Since you have absolutely no data of what the original scenario was like, you have to let your imagination fill in the holes.
11. Use Polygonal lasso Tool again and select the car’s number plate.
12. Go to: Image > Adjustment > Color Balance
13. Make the following changes:
14. Now deselect the selection. You can go around adding more colors to the black and white photo this way.
That’s it, babe. Here is the original black and white photo with colors added to it using Photoshop: