Ratings: 5.0/5 by 3 visitors
Posted by: Roofi Sardar
Creating Glass Text Effect in Photoshop
Posted on May 29, 2011
Glass Text in Photoshop. In this Photoshop tutorial we will show you how to create a Glass Text effect using layer styles in Photoshop. Glass Text tutorial has been carried out using Adobe Photoshop CS5. A couple of functions or patterns may not be available in older versions of Photoshop.
1) For our glass text effect tutorial I am making use of the image below. You may use any image you find best. Load the image in Adobe Photoshop CS5 and proceed.
2) Go to Filter > Blur > Radial Blur. Make the following changes and click OK:
This is what this does to the image:
3) Open a new layer.
4) Using the Rectangular Marquee Tool, create a selection as shown in the image below:
5. Fill (SHIFT+F5) the selection with 50% Gray.
(Now deselect the selection.)
6) Open Layer Style for Layer 1 and make the following changes:
7) Again with Layer 1 still selected, press CTRL+T.
8) Right-click the transformation box and select Perspective.
9) Left-click and drag the vertex on the lower right on the transformation box. This is what it should look like:
10) Press Enter.
11) Select the Text Tool and make the following changes to the Character Settings:
Note: The size of the text depends on the image you are using.
12) Type the text “Glass” and place it right above the pattern you created in Step 4.
13) Open Layer Style for the text layer and make the following changes:
That’s it, babe.