Metal text effect tutorial in Photoshop. In this tutorial we will explain how to create a metallic text effect using layer styles in Photoshop. An easy to follow description of the very simplest functions in Photoshop, summarized briefly to create Metallic text. In this Photoshop text effects tutorial, we will learn how to easily create metallic text. we will explain how to create a metallic text effect using layer styles and custom shape in Photoshop. we are going to create shiny metallic text effect in Photoshop CS5.
1. Create a new document with Width 600, Height 340.
2. Set the Gradient Tool as shown below.
3. Create a Radial Gradient as your background. Drag a straight line from the middle of the image to the bottom left corner.
3. Create a new layer. Draw in Rectangle as shown below using only the Rectangular Marquee Tool.
4. Fill it with Gray color.
5. Double click the layer.
Make the following changes in the Gradient Overlay:
6. Create a new layer. Draw in Circle as shown below using only the Elliptical Marquee Tool.
7. Fill it with White color.
8. Go to Filter > Blur > Gaussian blur.
Set Radius: 25 pixels.
9. Now create your text using white color. The font is ‘AlphaRev Hollow.’
Type in, ‘HELLO’.
10. Right click on the text layer and choose Rasterize Layer.
11. Create a new layer. Draw in the bird shape as shown below using only the Custom Shape Tool.
12. Fill it with White color.
13. Make four duplicates and arrange these birds on the letters as shown below.
14. Merge all birds Layers along with the text Layer.
15. Name the final layer, ‘HELLO’.
Pages: 1 2